Sweat Equity Magazine June/July 2015 with Kino MacGregor gracing the cover, and Gracious Living Lifestyle articles and recipe inside! Always an honour to write for this awesome, inspiring wellness magazine.
Read “6 Ways To Love Yourself More” by Grace Van Berkum, R.H.N. on page 29-30 , and Gracious Living Lifestyle Creamy Lemon Basil Smoothie on page 41.
Loving yourself fully is no easy task. As human beings we tend to judge and criticize ourselves, often limiting ourselves from amazing things in our lives because we don’t feel we are worth it. Here are 6 ways you can love yourself more through simple daily actions you can take to connect to your own love and power. And when we love ourselves more, that love radiates into the world, and then comes back to us in different ways and forms. Love is the resplendent energy source that is the foundation of all life.
- Affirmations. Every morning when you wake up, say I love you to yourself. Write post it notes on your walls or mirrors. Look at yourself in the mirror and say “I Love You __________”. And then smile. Do this every day. It might be hard at first but it gets easier. And it starts to feel really good to tell yourself this.
- Do work that you love. Follow your heart and passion. Honour yourself and honour your life through work that energizes and inspires you.
- Listen to your feelings. Feel your feelings. Let your feelings guide you towards wisdom on how to love yourself more. Disregarding, dishonouring, or criticizing your feelings is not loving. Don’t run from painful feelings. The only way to get through pain is to be with it and understand the roots of it. Staying true to your feelings is la form of loving yourself.
- Treat your body with love through your lifestyle choices. This means eat good foods because you love yourself, get enough sleep because you love yourself, and move your body daily because you love yourself. The more you treat your body well with loving choices, the better your body will serve you through this lifetime with more energy, more vitality, and better health. You deserve all of this. Choose a lifestyle that promotes self-love.
- Create a space that reflects love. A home that is tidy, organized, and clean reflects self-love.
- Surround yourself with people that love you. People that want the best for you. People that inspire you, respect you, and communicate well with you. How much you love yourself is a reflected in the people that you choose to hang out with the most. We can’t choose our family, but we can choose our friends, so choose wisely.
Our reality and our world we live in that we have created ourselves, is a reflection of how much we love ourselves. The choices we make on a daily basis are a reflection of how much we love ourselves. The people we surround ourselves with, the foods we eat, how we live, the space we live in, are all reflections of the love and respect we have for ourselves. Take care of your inner world and your outer world will change, too. Learning to love ourselves takes daily commitment and means living consciously and with awareness. The more we learn to love ourselves the more loving our reality becomes.
I LOVE ME!
Join a Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreat around the worldPress the LOVE button