Take care of yourself and your body with the foods you eat, with movement and relaxation, by using the the breath to reduce stress, and by placing yourself among positive people and situations. When you take care of your body you have more power to release, prevent, and walk away from life’s stresses. You have a choice in every moment of your life to accept negativity or not. You have the power to choose how you want to behave. Work with life, not against it. When you can relax and go with the flow, you open yourself up to opportunities and miracles. We change the world one person at a time…..just start with YOU. When you are more peaceful, you affect all those around you in a peaceful way.
1) Surround yourself with positive people. People that energize and inspire you, rather than people who drain you. You become like the people you hang out with most often.
2) Eat foods that energize your body. Stay away from foods that exacerbate life’s stresses by putting a strain on your nervous system.
3) Live your truth. Pay attention, trust, and act on your heart’s messages. The universe always provides and supports you in your journey. Have courage. Do things that you are passionate about. Aligning with your truth leads to an empowered and peaceful life.
4) Connect. Give to others. Help people who need it. Research has also shown that being generous and helpful without expecting anything in return triggers endorphin release. Giving is one way of making meaningful connections.
5) Make time for stillness in the body and mind every day. (this doesn’t include sleep, although sleep is good, too). Start with a 10-minute meditation every day for 30 days, and notice the changes. It will become easier and easier to sit still, and you will begin to sit for longer periods of time. The act of sitting still does wonders for the nervous system.
6) Stretch the body everyday and combine that with deep breathing. Every few hours, stop and take 10 deep breaths. When you feel stress coming on, stop and take deep breaths. Consistent practice of mindful breathing exercises will change your perspective on life.
7) Know that happiness and health are your birthright….because they are. You deserve a life of happiness, health, and love. When we remember this daily, we make choices that reflect self-nourishment and contribute to a more peaceful way of being.