CO-OP OPPORTUNITY | RETREAT TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT WITH GRACE VAN BERKUM
July 27- Aug 3, 2017: 5 spots left!
Aug 17-24, 2017: 3 spots left!
Aug 24-31, 2017: SOLD OUT!!
Exclusive Coaching Week for IHN Graduating Students on Hosting Your Own Nutrition, Yoga, Lifestyle, Detox Retreats
Open to students who will be completing classes in July or at the top of the fall semester—and are ready for convocation in October 2016 and current students (at least ¾ way through the program)
Apply/Book By: June 30, 2017.
Week: August 17-24, 2017 and Aug 24-31, 2017.
Location: Gracious Living Oasis in Aserradores, Nicaragua
To Apply: Email your interest directly to Grace Van Berkum at [email protected]
Join a Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreat week with August 9-16, 2016 in beautiful, adventurous Northern Nicaragua! This is an IHN exclusive for graduating students who want an educational, restorative immersion that counts towards your Co-op hours. Participants would also have the opportunity to be considered for working with Grace in 2017 at her new resort and hosting your own retreats on her property. She would act as a guide, for those who have taken this week coaching/Co-op, and help you with your first effort when holding the retreat at her new facility. This Co-op week is limited to 6 participants.
Learn how to be successful at your health business, and more specifically how to facilitate your own successful, international retreats. Grace has masterminded and taught 80 retreats in the last six years, all around the world, focused on healing the body with clean, local, fresh plant-based foods, yoga, meditation, fitness practices, as well as the importance of spending time in nature.
She will be guiding and mentoring each graduating student through a retreat week setting to experience her schedule and formula for retreat success, while experiencing daily workshops and discussions on running your own successful business. The menu will consist of clean, local, fresh, tropical food, with options for a full, plant-based experience if desired. Co-op students will participate in the food preparation and be required to educate the other guests on the nutritional benefits of the meals along with Grace.
Topics to be discussed through the entire week:
• How to set your retreat programs apart from the rest
• Developing (unique yet well tested) retreat schedules
• Creating the most relevant retreat themes based on your expertise and vision
• How to source retreat locations, anywhere in the world
• Finding your voice, building your brand and giving your retreats a distinct character and client experience
• Menu planning and nutrition classes for your students/clients (how to source local foods/supplements in different parts of the world)
• How to deal with food allergies, likes and dislikes, in your planning
• Familiarizing yourself with the local landscape to offer add-ons to your students/clients
• Individual business and retreat goals
• Client personalities and how to deal with them effectively both individually and within the group
• Safety and respect for your guests
• How to create a strong online presence for your business
• Marketing and social media to sell your retreats/programs
• Importance of networking and cross-promotion (leveraging)
• Working with other practitioners to create retreats with two or more facilitators
• Things you can bring with you from Canada vs things you have to purchase when you have landed at your destination
• Restrictions, barriers, insurance, licenses, overcoming travel challenges and more!
• How to put it all together and price out the value of your retreat
• All retreat considerations that Grace goes through to develop her own programs will be discussed!
• Retreat workbook, included
The cost developed for IHN graduating students is $1100.00* US all-inclusive (flights not included) per person, which includes accommodations, 2 hour workshops on the content listed above per day, 1 yoga class or beach workout per day, 1 meditation class per day, 3 complete Gracious Living meals per day prepared by Grace or approved at the local restaurant + airport pickup/transfers. It does not include surf lessons, adventure activities, city trips alcohol or flights.
Fly in to Managua airport. Flights are currently $573.00, taxes included, return flight from YYZ to Managua. https://www.orbitz.
*$1100.00, paid in full, is the price for 12 students (6 students per week, first come, first serve) for shared accommodation (each shared room comes with own bed and private bathroom).
IHN worked with Grace on pricing. Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreats typically go for around $2000.00. Grace and IHN have developed this experience as part of Co-op for students graduating along with Grace’s outreach to motivate and teach emerging retreat professionals to develop and fearlessly begin to create a work-adventure lifestyle. It’s also a wonderful way to train a new elite group of retreat specialists and share her beautiful new space, Gracious Living Oasis Resort, as a potential retreat facility. The price for the training retreat is significantly lower than Grace’s current retreats but with many of the same offerings. She is very much looking forward to coaching her natural living, nutrition colleagues and future retreat gurus!
8:00 am Morning Yoga or Beach Yoga Fusion Workout
10:00 am Plant Powered Breakfast
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreat Workshop/Lecture
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Varied activities* on a rotational basis for the students depending on the day and weather i.e. volunteer (gardening) work at Gracious Living Oasis Resort, 1 on 1 sessions, Presentation Practice, Retreat Excursions
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Sunset Mediations
7:30 pm Fresh, tropical, anti-inflammatory Gracious Living Approved dinner at the hotel’s restaurant
*Varied activities (Co-op Education Requirements):
Completion of this training will account for all 100 of your required Co-op hours.
Grace and IHN have been discussing the breakout of the week so as to develop a schedule that is both educational but interactive so it counts for your Co-op hours.
• Two students will spend time with Grace every morning and/or afternoon, on a rotational basis, for a total of two, 3 hour sessions per week. i.e. 2 students on Monday, next 2 students on Tuesday, last 2 students on Wednesday and then repeat.
• Contribute, with Grace and the group, the nutritional components of prepared meals (where applicable), as well as comment in Yoga, Lifestyle and Nature discussions
• Over the course of the week students are to begin considering their retreats. On the second last day the 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm time slot will be used to present your emerging ideas to the group and Grace. Your plans can be as wild or conservative! Add any elements that you feel are in context with your retreat goals. The presentations will be 15-20 minutes each with immediate feedback (evaluation) from Grace and a round-table of exchange from the group. Your participation in the week will also be evaluated by Grace.
• Write two 500 word blogs that Grace can use as Evergreen content on a topic that is relevant to Gracious Living. To be discussed that week, so that each student can choose, with Grace’s approval, what is of interest to them.
• Option to work in the gardens at Gracious Living Oasis Resort. Grace’s resort is close by and you’ll all get to visit and see how her retreat space is being built!
Grace has told us that, “Life is always an adventure there and some days anything wonderful can happen, leaving time for special journeys. i.e. somedays she may need to go into the city and you are welcome to join her!
Grace will also have a professional chef assistant and yoga teacher with her as part of her team. They will be integrated into the retreat to support Grace with yoga classes or kitchen classes when appropriate. Co-op students will also learn from these two professionals!
Connect with Grace:
A Skype call for those who apply will be held with Grace to answer all of your questions. Grace will set this up with the group after everyone has emailed in their interest. It will be between June 27 and 30, 2016. Prior to that feel free to email Grace with immediate questions.
Grace Van Berkum | Holistic Nutritionist, Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Yoga Instructor & Creator of Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreats
Grace is a plant-powered, detox nutritionist and tropical yoga teacher facilitating empowering & inspiring Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreats in Nicaragua and around the world. Her mission in this lifetime is to spread the message of plant-based nutrition and self-love by teaching people how to eat and live with awareness. Grace received the highest marks of her class from CSNN in 2006. She started off her career doing nutrition consultations and personal training and was the very first nutritionist to ever work in the Good Life Fitness Corporation, where she created the successful 6 week Clean Eating program. After a few years she realized that she had an overwhelming desire to live on a beach and “break up with winter”. So she followed her heart and sold all her stuff and left Canada for the unknown. Not knowing what was going to happen she kept an open mind and attitude and quickly learned to keep trusting her intuition to guide her to business success and happiness. 5 years later, she is now beginning the building of her very own home and retreat centre in beautiful Nicaragua. She is also an ambassador for some of the world’s best superfoods and eco-conscious businesses, like Sunwarrior and others.