2 big handfuls of chopped kale
1 cup soaked wakame seaweed superfood
2 radishes, cut into thin strips
1/2 very thinly sliced cucumber
1cup shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped basil
1 cup chopped cilantro
3 tbsp sesame oil
juice of 1 lemon
2-3 green onions finely chopped
2-3 cloves finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
sea salt & cayenne pepper to taste
Optional: 1/2 cup hemp seeds or 1/2 cup chopped brazil nuts (plant-based protein)
Optional: top with superfood sprouts
1. Cover wakame in water for 15 min to rehydrate & soften. It will expand quite a bit. Make sure it is nice & soft.
2. Massage chopped kale with sea salt until soft and tender.
3. Chop veggies & herbs.
4. Drain wakame. Discard water.
5. Add all ingredients in bowl and toss well with hands so dressing is evenly distributed and saturated.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 cup hemp seeds on top, or 1/2 cup chopped brazil nuts for extra protein. Mix up a little more.
Serve. Savour. Enjoy.
Super delicious. Super energizing. Super easy. and something different.
Health Benefits of Wakame:
(courtesy of mindbodygreen.com)
- Vitamins A, C, E, and K. These vitamins are all amazing for skin health and repair as well as immunology.
- Vitamin D. Promotes the absorption of calcium for healthy bones and enhances the nerve, muscle, and immune systems.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2). We need riboflavin to use the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in the foods we eat. Riboflavin helps us use these nutrients for energy in our bodies for growth and is also necessary for red blood cell production. Riboflavin functions as an antioxidant and works in the body with other vitamins such as niacin, folate, and vitaminB6.
6. Folate. Helps the body make new cells and is especially important for pregnant women.
7. Lignans. Thought to play a role in preventing certain types of cancer, particularly breast cancer.
It's time to change your life
CHECK OUT GRACIOUS LIVING LIFESTYLE UPCOMING EVENTSClick Here