DIGESTION BEGINS IN THE MOUTH!
Yep, you heard that right…digestion begins in the mouth, not the stomach! So that means be mindful when you eat…focus on chewing….tasting….enjoying.
Not only does chewing your food thoroughly increase health & digestion, but it ALSO:
* Increases metabolism, making it more efficient which means your burn more calories
* Facilitates toxin removal because toxins will bind better to food
* Reduces cravings because the better you digest your food, the more you absorb the nutrients from food which translates to less cravings
* Means less food intake because when you eat slower and chew your food better, you end up eating less
* Enhances enjoyment of your meal because when you focus and concentrate on the act of eating, food will begin to taste even better
* Increases energy because better digestion means more energy for the body to use for other activities
* Means less indigestion, gas, abdominal discomfort
My GRACIOUS LIVING motto is: “YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK.”
Well technically speaking, you’re not just what you eat, but you are what you absorb & digest, and if you don’t chew your food thoroughly, you are not absorbing as well as you could be. AND IF YOU’RE NOT ABSORBING WELL, THEN YOU’RE NOT FUNCTIONING OPTIMALLY.
It doesn’t really take much time and effort to chew your food, so chew your food well for better health. Tune into your eating…. notice the texture, sensations, flavours of your food. Savour every morsel, savour every bite. In essence, you will begin to make meal times a meditation.
You are what you eat. You are what you think. ~Gracious Living Lifestyle XO https://www.graciouslivingoasis.com/